Thank you, Wucius Wong

Last night I fell asleep around 8:30 and as I was lying in bed waking up an hour later, semi-looking at our room and semi-dreaming, I had three realizations:

1. I should wear my new purple scarf-like thing with my old yellow hat.

2. The meaning of "wucius" (one of my roommate's textbooks was authored by Wucius Wong, and I decided I had to make up a meaning for the word "wucius" and begin using it in everyday conversation): very powerful, intense, perhaps even overwhelming so. Can be used as an adverb with the suffix "-ly." Example: I had a wucius craving for French dance music. Pronunciation: WOO-shus

3. The six pears I bought in San Francisco and brought back with me, so carefully packed (I thought), had been injured by each other. That's why they're so bruised. Darn pear-on-pear violence. Also, I think they were too close to ripe when I bought them.

And you know what? Today's chapel speaker, a middle-aged and scholarly-looking theologian, began with, "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a student in near possession of an undergraduate degree must be in want of a status symbol." Ha! He was a great speaker all around. Austen allusions and guys who are Austen fans make my day.

5 comments:

Ani Isilee 3/19/2008 10:21 AM  

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a student in near possession of an undergraduate degree must be in want of a status symbol."
Oh, that is too awesome. :) Sorry about your pears.

Q 3/19/2008 1:48 PM  

Wucius could also be the baby name for Lucius Malfoy.

Nerd Goddess 3/19/2008 1:51 PM  

YAY!

Except for the pears. We should start protesting for the stop on pear on pear violence. I'll make the picket signs and you can print off some fliers. ;)

bookbutterfly 3/19/2008 4:55 PM  

Yay for male Austen fans! Jane Austen would be proud.
Just like to let you know that I tagged you. Check out my blog if you're confused.

cuileann 3/19/2008 10:33 PM  

Agreed, Q. :) Nerd Goddess, that is a wonderful idea; I will most definitely join you.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP