you lay sleeping--I was escorting it to you.
Or, what to do when everyone but you is asleep.
Because night-owlishness is basically my unofficial major, I thought I would share some of my favorite ways to pass the uncommon hours.
- go to the nearest playground and swing until you've almost-but-not-quite given yourself a stomachache
- play dress-up and assemble a really awesome outfit for the morrow
- burn a mix CD of excellent and sing-a-longable tracks, relocate a laptop or CD player to the bathroom, and enjoy a long shower to your new soundtrack
- quiet-dance wildly around your house/apartment/dorm in a weird costume (or no costume at all) - iPod optional
- read an book's worth of pages - but instead of going straight through one whole book, read chapter one from one book, chapter two from the next, and so on
- write a letter
- decorate upcoming pages in your journal
- wrap yourself up in Christmas lights and settle yourself in front of your RSS reader
- play Guitar Hero with the sound off
- take advantage of the empty streets and go for a bike ride/longboarding
- if you have a bathroom scale, drink lots of tea and watch your weight go up and down over the course of the night
- memorize a poem or Shakespearean monologue, and resolve to find an excuse to launch into it sometime during the next day