This is exhilarating

This coming Tuesday I fly out of Chicago, first to New York, and from there to Keflavik International Airport.

I will be in Iceland for seven days, staying at a hostel in Reykjavík. I will return to school next Wednesday night.

I've purchased my tickets, and I think I've chosen a hostel - but that's pretty much all I have planned for solid so far. I suppose I'll just take the adventures that come to me.

I could say a lot more about why I'm going, but I think I'll let that wait for now.

And right now? I am laughing at how outrageous and crazy and wonderful it is to just pick up and go to Iceland on my own on less than a week's notice. I am excited and kind of incredulous, and sometimes a little terrified. Insanity is pretty liberating, though.

11 comments:

Somnite 11/22/2008 5:51 PM  

Yay! I can't wait until I can do that. Sounds exciting, give us updates often!

Edge 11/22/2008 7:42 PM  

I think half the fun of it is simply in the thrill of throwing caution and planning to the wind. Have an amazing time!!

Q 11/22/2008 7:51 PM  

I'm so excited to hear about this trip! Be sure to take pictures.

Bridey 11/23/2008 2:22 AM  

That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear some more details!

Erin 11/23/2008 9:50 AM  

:) I want to be you when I grow up.

Laura 11/23/2008 3:20 PM  

Hi! I arrived here since you faved some of my snapshots on flickr : ))

Have fun in Iceland, it's a terrific place that changed my life! You will adore it for sure!

Don't forget a raincoat, a good moisturising cream and loads of memory cards for your camera : ))

(and if by any chance Jerome is still working at the Hostel's reception, tell him hello!) : )))

Have fun!!
Laura (Lauronsky)

spider 11/23/2008 6:56 PM  

ditto Erin

mermaid 11/23/2008 8:12 PM  

This is amazing! How exhilarating! I wish you the best of luck on your travels. <3 stay warm!!

marisol 11/23/2008 9:30 PM  

Good luck! Have fun and be safe.

Em 11/24/2008 5:29 AM  

Ohmygosh, it's all happening so fast!!!!!!!!

minteva 11/01/2009 6:09 AM  

you're amazing. <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP