Best of 2008

Admittedly rather belated, but then again so am I, habitually. Without ado, the best books that I read in 2008. [Click for Good Reads page.]

  1. The History of Love, by Nicole Krauss [adult, realistic]
  2. The Bearskinner, by Laura Amy Schlitz [picture book]
  3. Wasted, by Marya Hornbacher [memoir]
  4. Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City, by Kirsten Miller [young adult, adventure]
  5. The Perilous Gard, by Elizabeth Marie Pope [young adult, historical/fantasy]
  6. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Alexie Sherman [young adult, realistic]
  7. God's Silence, by Franz Wright [poetry]
  8. Coraline, by Neil Gaiman [middle-grade, fantasy/horror]
  9. Looking for Alaska, by John Green [young adult, realistic]
  10. Anne of the Island, by L.M. Montgomery [young adult?, realistic]
  11. Song of the Sparrow, by Lisa Ann Sandell [young adult, verse, historical/fantasy]
  12. The Wednesday Wars, by Gary D. Schmidt [middle-grade, realistic/historical]

10 comments:

Maya Ganesan 1/24/2009 5:14 PM  

CORALINE!

Maya Ganesan 1/24/2009 5:16 PM  

Oh, and I participated in your survey. I think your blog is perfect the way it is.

Maya Ganesan 1/24/2009 6:57 PM  

Whatever happened to WordPress? :(

Edge 1/25/2009 10:41 AM  

Ah, The Wednesday Wars...I read that while taking a Shakespeare class :D

Priya 1/25/2009 11:13 AM  

Looks like a great list!

Erin 1/25/2009 12:25 PM  

Oh my, I've only read several of these...2, 4, 8, 12.

amanda 1/26/2009 5:55 AM  

haven't read many of these but i think i shall have to check them out.. except for anne at the island, i have an irrational hatred for anne of green gables, ugh. i loved looking for alaska though!

i actually popped over cos i saw your comment on liv's book review @ scribbles.. saving francesca is my favourite book in the whole world, i love it so much. you have very good taste, & must get your hands on a copy of jellicoe road asap, it is amazing!

wow holy long comment. to end, i guess i shall just say HI & expect a few more comments from me soon, i plan to go through your blog when i have a bit of time :)

cuileann 1/26/2009 2:26 PM  

Thanks, Maya! :) Re: Wordpress blog, sometimes I just have to throw things out when I get tired of them.

Edge - Yes! I remember you saying that; it made me wish I'd read more of the plays that he read.

Amanda - Another Marchetta fan, hurrah! Thanks for stopping by. :D

Ashley 1/27/2009 4:40 PM  

I've been meaning to read something by John Green. I just got Paper Towns, but I don't know when I'll have time to read it.

Gypsy Alex 2/02/2009 7:10 PM  

Love your list! I'm reading Infidel at the moment. We'll have to meet when you get back San Fran. The question is... Will you? ;P

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP