Bonus truth: I do too many memes

Dear Q has tagged me for another one of those self-disclosure memes. Ten true things about myself that you didn't know.

Truth the first. I gave up makeup recently.

Truth the second. No one in my family knows I blog.

Truth the third. One of my favorite cures for an ugly me or ugly day is flowers for my hair.

Truth the fourth. On Saturday I received a beautiful gift from a friend. It made me feel beloved. Which is, I think, what a gift ought to do.

Truth the fifth. I think I had OCD when I was in middle school.

Truth the sixth. I have been in the entertaining role in too many circles of friends.

Truth the seventh. As far as I can tell, people always think I am younger than I am. The last time I bought shoes, the salesperson gave me a container of bubbles. (If you think this truth suggests that I should reconsider the decision of truth the first, go away.)

Truth the eighth. I have to pay close attention to keep myself from making a paper person out of myself on this blog. It's tempting because paper Cuileann seems much more likeable.

Truth the ninth. Even when I am horribly depressed, I can walk outside and think, Thank God I am in San Francisco! This city is truly my paradise.

Truth the tenth. I pride myself too much on my good taste.

14 comments:

Miss C.N.W. 3/03/2009 12:41 AM  

I did one of these on facebook not too long ago.

I did your number one last year. I am like with you on number six; I'm the same way. I have the same problem as your number seven.

Summermoon 3/03/2009 1:37 AM  

Number seven made me laugh. :)

And I can relate to number 6 and 10.

Q 3/03/2009 5:39 AM  

You are awesome. I may have to try Truth the Third some time.

Priya 3/03/2009 6:24 AM  

San Francisco IS beautiful.

Sara 3/03/2009 6:56 AM  

A little after my 21st birthday, I had one of the plane crew ask me about my age (as to whether to get me a kids meal...)

pinkapplecore 3/03/2009 8:24 AM  

I don't know some people think i'm older and then some people think i'm older. My problem is apparently my face is stuck in the mad position and everyone thinks i'm mad a lot.

I don't wear a lot of make-up, never have, i was a tom-boy when i was young and kinda still am. All i wear is foundation.

Bridey 3/03/2009 12:43 PM  

Free bubbles? Now that is a good perk for people not realising your age!

Gretchen 3/03/2009 2:50 PM  

Yeah, I often get pegged as younger than I am. I'm sure I'll appreciate it someday, but now? Not so much. The rest of the list was wonderful as well.

Erin 3/03/2009 4:28 PM  

7 - me too, and I for one appreciate it already because as an actress it's a VERY good thing too look younger than one's age.

8 - again, me too.

10 - Well I think your pride is warranted, you do have exceedingly good taste. ;)

cuileann 3/03/2009 4:38 PM  

It's always nice discovering similarities when you do these things. :) I have a theory about the age thing that I will have to tell you about.

Q - :) Do. I think it makes other people happy as well.

Priya - I love to hear that friends of mine have visited San Francisco!

Sara - Aaah, that's funny.

pinkapplecore - I think my face's natural expression is somewhat worried/sad. Concerned people will ask me what's wrong when everything is quite fine.

Bridey - Yes, I didn't mind the bubbles at all! :D They were ice-cream-scented even!

Thanks, Gretchen. :)

Erin - Re: acting, I have heard that. The actor/character age gap can be quite startling to me. And thank you, haha. My trouble is ascribing too much value to taste that really belong to principles...

Traci 3/03/2009 4:50 PM  

those were really great! :)

cuileann 3/03/2009 5:16 PM  

Thank you, Traci. :)

Every time it rains she just feels a lot better... 3/06/2009 9:00 AM  

Good for you on number 1. I am not that brave.

People always think I am younger than I am too. But if that delusion leads them to give you bubbles, I would say it's ok. I love bubbles. I always find that when I am babysitting I enjoy things like bubbles and crayons a lot more than the kids I am watching do.

Flowers for hair is a near perfect fix to all kinds of ugly feelings.

I miss you.

cuileann 3/06/2009 7:51 PM  

It should be easier for me, considering I don't even wear anything besides mascara!

Bubbles and crayons are awesome. That is entirely reasonable of you. I think there are many things that we are deprived of by adolescence before we love them the most. Naps, for example.

Flowers in one's hair are also very San Franciscan... :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP