This week's flavors of happiness

San Francisco winters. Cool, rainy, and green. After experiencing a Chicago winter, I really appreciate a Mediterranean climate...especially the fact that the weather here in January doesn't want to kill you.

Buddhist monks who wear sneakers with their robes. [Example.]

Sitting in front of my heater with a big bowl of salty steamed veggies and a favorite book.

Guy Delisle's books, and the fact that I can read his [French-language] blog. He has written several awesome graphic novels about his experiences in North Korea, China, and Burma, respectively. I highly recommend them to anyone interested in other countries. He is the perfect narrator for travel stories - smart, insightful, a bit cynical, with a sense for the absurd. By the way, does anyone know a tidy term for a graphic novel that is non-fiction, i.e. not a novel?

This week's mini-renaissance on Little Red Reading Hood, that loveliest of message boards.

Reading the news (source of choice) and feeling not-as-ignorant about current events.

My little sister's sense of drama.

A blog award from the talented PinkAppleCore.

Analyzing and making sense of my family. ♥ my therapist.

Making big plans that might never go anywhere. I am looking at some summer language intensives, including an ICELANDIC one that takes place in a very beautiful isolated part of Iceland which I was unable to see in November. I'm drifting away on wishful sighs...

15 comments:

Maya Ganesan 3/06/2009 7:55 PM  

Oh my gosh, those pictures are GORGEOUS!

Cassandra 3/06/2009 8:02 PM  

The sneaker monk makes me smile. :)

cuileann 3/06/2009 8:26 PM  

Maya - flickr is a wonderful place.

Cassandra - I quite often think of monks as cute, but always feel slightly sacreligious about that...haha.

Cassandra 3/07/2009 12:06 AM  

But is it sacrilegious if you're not a practitioner of the religion? Because... monks are pretty happy-making. ^_^

Hate This And I'll Love You 3/07/2009 11:58 AM  

Haaa! You used my picture, that's so awesome. I'm honoured.
I love reading your blog, you have such a way with words x

Erin 3/07/2009 12:29 PM  

I hope wonderful things come for you in the way of big plans. :)

cuileann 3/07/2009 12:46 PM  

Cassandra - Yeah, it's just a feeling I get, heh. And agree, they are...

Hate This And I'll Love You - Yess! I have been loving what you've shown us of your tea project. And thank you. :)

Thank you vair much, Miss Erin. :) And to you too!

odessa 3/08/2009 12:12 AM  

"I am drifting away on wistful sigh." --- I love this!

Btw, I went to the conference and thought of you. Sorry I didn't follow up to see if you were going, the last couple of days were just crazy busy.

Keep on making big plans and the uiniverse will surely listen...

Miss_Corrine 3/08/2009 1:46 PM  

Awww.. just lovely :)

Beth Kephart 3/08/2009 3:34 PM  

You never fail to intrigue.

cuileann 3/08/2009 9:14 PM  

Odessa - Thanks. :) Yeah, I wish I could have gone but I'm a little too broke even for the sweet student price, haha. I'm going to have to bother you for details about it.

Thanks, Miss Corrine. :)

Beth - And I take far too much pleasure in it!

A "cheery" disposition 3/09/2009 5:23 PM  

wow what beautiful photos

cuileann 3/09/2009 5:30 PM  

A "cheery" disposition - Yeah, there are a lot of really talented photographers on flickr. :)

mermaid 3/12/2009 8:27 PM  

YUM @ Steamed veggies! a delight that is actually good for you ;]

...love Maegan 3/23/2009 1:33 AM  

beautiful photos.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP