Heads up to the wanderlusty and travel-bug-bitten

I first heard of the Postcrossing project from Sonia. It's so simple, but I think it's one of the best things I've ever found on the internet.

Here's how it works: Once you make an account on postcrossing.com, you are randomly assigned another user from somewhere else in the world to send a postcard to. For each postcard you send to another user, someone else sends you a postcard from another country.

I've already sent three postcards and received two.

One from Finland:


And one from China:


Mailing a postcard internationally from the U.S. costs ninety-eight cents, FYI.

9 comments:

Priya 5/15/2009 6:16 PM  

The one from Finland is so pretty. And I love the photography in the one from China. Where are the users you've been sending postcards to from?

Cuileann 5/15/2009 6:26 PM  

Priya - So far, I've sent postcards to China, Finland, and Belarus. [Just coincidence that I've received postcards from two of those countries...I think.]

pinkapplecore 5/15/2009 8:41 PM  

oh that is such a cool idea, i have one pen pale but receiving letters just make your day better!!

Cuileann 5/15/2009 8:49 PM  

pinkapplecore - So true. Snailback correspondence is one of the greatest pleasures life affords, I think.

Erin 5/16/2009 11:51 AM  

I'm so going to do this. Yay.

spider 5/16/2009 4:28 PM  

That is ridiculously awesome.

Emma 5/17/2009 8:40 AM  

This is an amazingly cool concept. Snail mail is so fun to get and send, but it's like no one has time anymore.

Cuileann 5/17/2009 10:27 PM  

Emma - I know, and what makes that even LAMER is that it's not true. Writing a letter is so much more fulfilling than spending the same twenty minutes on Facebook would be.

Sonia. 5/18/2009 3:10 PM  

Oh super, you've received some already! I've sent 6 now and received 3 so far. It is so exciting writing, posting and getting them back too! Definitely one of the under-rated pleasures humanity has to offer one another!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP