It's Friday night and I'm just chilling with my Puppy who isn't mine and my laptop which is mine and my friends on Twitter who I've never met...

• While I was waiting at the doctor's office I started writing a poem in iambic pentameter. What?

• Waterproof disposable camera, Prozac, hair serum, Soy Joy bar.

• I pulled a book of Faulkner short stories off the shelf at this house because I want to read "The Bear" but it wasn't in there, so I read "A Rose for Emily" instead.

• I am definitely funnier when I'm tired.

• Puppy wakes me up before seven and she will only let me fall back asleep if I pull her into bed.

• I'm trying to spend less money on books, but there is this one anthology with this one essay that I just reread and that reminded me how much I love the essay, enough to read it over and over and over, enough times that I will go ahead and buy the book...

5 comments:

Beth Kephart 8/01/2009 4:16 AM  

go ahead and buy that book.

we await the pentameter poem.

pinkapplecore 8/01/2009 8:04 AM  

I buy from the used online section of barnes and noble. If you wait for the book to get down to 1.99 it's 3 dollars and some odd cents to mail it so your getting it for 5 dollars.

Georgie K. Buttons 8/01/2009 12:54 PM  

My puppy doesn't wake me up when she comes into my room. She just snuggles up next to my face. Aw.

Tessa 8/02/2009 5:07 AM  

I don't understand Twitter. I've tried really hard to do so but I don't. I have no friends there, just a bunch of strangers to whom I never talk directly. It's like trying to converse with the moon. Odd.

hwalk 8/02/2009 7:35 AM  

Love iambic pentameter, sadly. Writing in it, I mean. A Rose for Emily is a freaky story. Soy Joy bars are wonderful.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP