Illinois fog


This kind of sky is what I'm used to in my home neighborhood — white, shadeless, giving no clue to time of day.




It has been wet and mild lately. Whenever the snow begins to melt, I am surprised to see that the grass underneath was green all along. How?






I holed up in the public library this afternoon with my computer and textbooks. I meant to just blaze through my psychology reading, but I got distracted with these pictures that I took on my way there. My new camera is proving to be a good friend indeed.

10 comments:

pinkapplecore 1/23/2010 5:15 PM  

wow that tree is gorgeous! and I'm loving your headphones...

Q 1/23/2010 6:15 PM  

I'm so glad you like your camera. :)

Poppy 1/23/2010 7:14 PM  

That is a typical Auckland sky, although sadly we never have any snow.

minteva 1/23/2010 7:19 PM  

love that first photo x

Erin 1/23/2010 7:28 PM  

brilliant brilliant brilliant brilliant. your photos are brilliant.

Noël De Vries 1/23/2010 7:42 PM  

i think we're to blame, c. you brought the fog from ca, and i brought it from london. fact: it was not foggy here before the 7th. fact: we both flew in that weekend. guilty as charged.

adore the sky puddle.

Georgie K. Buttons 1/23/2010 11:46 PM  

Favorite: reflection puddle. Other favorite: looking up at the tree.

cuileann 1/24/2010 10:46 AM  

pinkapplecore - Yes, you will probably be seeing a lot of those...haha.

Q - Yeah, I owe you for that rec. :)

Poppy - Indeed? Typical for any time of year?

minteva - Thank you.

Erin - Thank you, myrin.

Noel - That makes tremendous sense.

Georgie - Thank you. I'd seen so many looking-up-the-trunk shots that captivated me; I had to try.

phampants 1/24/2010 5:09 PM  

The past picture reminds me Ent for LOTR

cuileann 1/24/2010 7:41 PM  

phampants - If only it had one of those kitschy tree faces people buy and stick on them.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP