Happiness and gratitudes



• beautiful bare-ribbed ballet dancers

• a blue-gray dawn from the bridge

• a kind office lady at the travel clinic

• a visit from my pen pal Noel, and an agreement that I should come see her later this year

• going back to bed. sleeping, in general

• driving alone with an old summer mix very loud

• endless free chai refills at the Curry Village lunch buffet

• rereading the Jenny Linsky books (so sweet)

• beginning (only) to catch up on correspondence

• when my thoughts turn to friends as I am falling asleep—I smile and not even voluntarily, and I think I almost fall asleep smiling.

3 comments:

Beth Kephart 5/11/2011 2:07 PM  

Love this, Holly.

Holly 5/11/2011 7:09 PM  

Beth - I am glad...C.S. Lewis said something like, happiness is only complete when shared.

Noël De Vries 5/12/2011 9:49 AM  

have you heard that band of horses song, with the rising, "when my thoughts drift to you"? your last line brought that melody to mind.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP