Gratitudes + things that are making me happy

Untitled

• my first affogato

• finding the lid to my tea flask

• days when I don't have hay fever

• Zoe's blog, love and some words

• Sophocles and Madeleine L'Engle

• a big Australian history book to open when I don't know what to do with myself

• my first trip to a library in a month

• writing letters

• running

• excellent furniture rearrangement choices

• choosing to do nothing sometimes, rather than doing things mindlessly

• housemate Shannon when she's snarking her way through a fashion magazine

• garlic mayonnaise to put on roast potatoes

• thinking about how wonderful the people I am friends with are

9 comments:

leonie wise 10/14/2012 11:53 AM  

affogatos are a huge favourite at our place too.
love your list

Holly 10/15/2012 2:52 AM  

Leonie - Now I'm pondering how it was that I NEVER heard of it until now. Such deprivation!

Maddee 10/15/2012 6:28 PM  

Yes, L'Engle. Have you read her "Walking on Water"?

Holly 10/16/2012 8:15 AM  

Maddee - Have not, but I'm looking it up now. Do you recommend it?

loveandsomewords 10/16/2012 4:46 PM  

EEEK.

you're wonderful.

<3

Holly 10/17/2012 4:45 AM  

loveandsomewords - Seriously, thanks for your writing. It has a vulnerability but also a lightness, and a good flow. I never put off reading your posts in my reader.

Maddee 10/18/2012 3:08 PM  

Ever so highly. It's of art and creativity and just...I can't quite sum it up. That's why it's so good.

sui 10/18/2012 6:30 PM  

RUNNING !!! oh, the hippocrates ... ;)

roast potatoes sound good.

"choosing to do nothing sometimes, rather than doing things mindlessly" mmm... !

Holly 10/21/2012 9:40 AM  

sui -

yes...a very gradual turning point. and a good one.

we can roast some little potatoes together some time.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP